Useful guide to choosing a powerful vacuum battery
14.8v lithium ion battery factory
15-year professional lithium ion vacuum battery manufacturers, 10-year warranty on battery packs, using the best BMS protection board, protecting the lithium battery pack from overcharge, overdischarge, overcurrent, short circuit, etc, with excellent self-discharge rate. Configurable Bluetooth, can be connected in series and parallel. The heating function and other special functions can also be customized. Enough stock for the 10 series of 14.8v lithium vacuum battery. Can be shipped within 3 days.
How to choose a powerful vacuum battery
- Is a cordless vacuum worth it
- The specification of vacuum battery
- What batteries do vacuums use
- How long does a vacuum battery last per charge
- What is the most powerful battery to operate vacuum cleaners
- Why is the lithium vacuum battery so popular
- Which vacuum battery cycle life last longer
- How to choose a lithium vacuum battery
Choosing a vacuum cleaner’s battery is easy. However, there are considerations you need to factor into, like the specifications of the vacuum cleaner, and how to choose the right vacuum battery.
There are two main types of vacuum cleaners: Uprights and canisters. Both are big in different geographical markets; Uprights are more prevalent in the US and the UK, while Canisters are standard in the rest of the world. When buying a vacuum cleaner, the availability of replacement parts, especially vacuum battery, i.e., Lithium-ion batteries, should be a significant factor before purchase.
Due to the type of surfaces on which the vacuums are used, their capacity and suction power are essential factors. The vacuum cleaner’s suction power is affected by the battery-operated; As such, from this point of view, the type of battery is also a key consideration.
This article will help you to understand the vacuum battery and advise on choosing the best for your vacuum cleaner.
Is a cordless vacuum worth it
Where will it be used? Depending on its application area, a cordless vacuum can be worth it or not.
Cordless vacuums are light and portable, making them ideal for small or compact spaces in the house. However, they have a relatively small dust capacity, meaning they have limitations in their use. Since they are wireless, you don’t have to worry about finding a power plug or not having enough cable to use them.Many of today’s vacuum cleaners use powerful lithium-ion batteries, which have a large capacity, eliminating the need to find plugs and drag wires.You can even use them during power outages.
The specification of vacuum battery
Vacuum cleaners require only one battery to function. While vacuum cleaners are different sizes and require other battery specifications, a few technical requirements cut across the board. Battery manufacturers specify batteries according to:
● Nominal voltage. This is the voltage that a battery delivers during its discharge period.
● Nominal capacity, used to show the current in mAh (milliampere-hours) that a battery delivers in total runtime.
● Nominal energy. Used to show a battery’s capability. It is a measure of voltage * capacity.
● Specific energy/energy density. This is a measure of battery energy divided by their weight. For cordless vacuum, it is essential to factor this during purchase as; batteries with a higher specific weight are lighter than those with lower figures.
What batteries do vacuums use
Vacuums use several batteries. Most of the newer-model vacuums are specific in lithium batteries due to their longer runtimes and more robust suction power support.
However, some old batteries are still on the market today, including alkaline, NiMH, silver oxide, and NiCD.
● Nickel Cadmium Batteries (NiCD). These batteries support high discharge currents, although these types of current are uncommon in vacuums. They, however, have a Serious memory effect and are not environmentally friendly.
● Nickel-Metal Hydride Batteries (NiMH). NiMH batteries are common in cordless vacuum cleaners. They offer higher capacities than both NiCD and lead-acid batteries , but they have a shorter cycle life.
● Lithium-Ion vacuum Batteries & Lithium-Ion Polymer Batteries. These are the best vacuum batteries on the market. They have no memory effect; they also offer longer runtimes and have higher capacity. There is useful information about li-ion vs ni-mh battery comparison.
How long does a vacuum battery last per charge
Vacuum battery, on average last about 30 minutes, mostly anywhere between 15 to 40 minutes. This should be enough time to do your cleaning. These same batteries take longer to charge as, depending on the manufacturer, they can take 2 to 16 hours. Among all kinds of batteries, the lithium-ion batteries have the shortest charging time.
What is the most powerful battery to operate vacuum cleaners
Lithium-ion batteries are the best and the most powerful batteries for vacuum cleaners.
They have the following advantages：
● Cycle life up to 4000 times, battery replacement cycle is very long
● High capacity, longer on a single charge
● The voltage is stable during discharge, providing stable suction
● High energy density, lighter weight compared to other batteries, portable for user
● No memory effect, can be recharged at any time
● Environmentally friendly and free of harmful substances
Different vacuum manufacturers recommend using specific lithium batteries, which they have tested with their products. So when choosing replacement batteries for your vacuum cleaner, select lithium battery packs that are compatible with the cleaner and safe.
Why is the lithium vacuum battery so popular
Lithium batteries are now the standard for vacuum battery across significant markets. These batteries enable the mobility of cordless vacuum as they are lightweight and help in performance. Other advantages that lithium battery hold over other vacuum batteries are:
● They hold a charge longer than other batteries. This is especially essential in the workings of cordless batteries. Lithium batteries hold their charge longer than alkaline batteries.
● They provide consistent power enabling efficient vacuum performance. Newer generation lithium vacuum batteries can maintain a constant suction power until the battery is completely drained compared to older cordless vacuums, which would lose their suction power as the battery is depleted.
● They do not require constant maintenance. Unlike batteries such as lead acid, lithium batteries have no special requirements to help them last longer. These batteries do not need special storage to help deal with temperature changes as they are made to withstand cold and hot temperatures（-20-60℃） .
Which vacuum battery cycle life last longer
According to report, almost all vacuum batteries develop problems before the fifth-year mark. However, with vacuum cleaners, the standard measure of the suitability of one’s vacuum is if it can perform its task uninterrupted.
|Battery type||Cycle life|
Estimated service life
(If you cycle once a day)
|Nichrome vacuum battery||＞500||1years|
|NiMH vacuum battery||500~1500||1-3years|
|Lead acid vacuum battery||300~800||1-2years|
|Lithium ion vacuum battery||＞4000||5-10years|
How to choose a lithium vacuum battery
Newer models of vacuums have specifications on the type of battery they need to enable maximum functionality. The lithium battery you choose has to be compatible with the cleaner. Vacuum cleaners have a manual that highlights their specifications and description, which helps in highlighting the type of battery it needs.
When choosing the vacuum battery, make sure to look out for the following:
1.The voltage of the lithium battery.
2.The operating temperature range that the battery can withstand. Measure this against what the vacuum will output.
3.The projected lifespan of the battery.
4.The charge rate of the vacuum battery.
It is essential to go through the safety section of the battery to learn how to handle it. You could also refer to battery manufacturers through the ranking list like Top 10 lithium ion battery manufacturers in China.
Can a cordless vacuum battery be replaced
Yes, it can.
However, whether the vacuum battery is detachable or not should be determined. If it is and the battery shows signs of aging, it is advisable to replace it if you can. If you are not, ask for help from a technician.
How many watts is a good vacuum cleaner
This is dependent on the type of vacuum cleaner.
A good upright vacuum cleaner should have around 100 air watts, while a good canister vacuum cleaner should be about 220 watts.
Why is my vacuum not charging
There could be several reasons why your vacuum cleaner could not be charging. The most obvious and perhaps the one that one should consider is whether there is a problem with the electrical outlet. To deal with this, try another outlet and if the problem was the outlet, have it fixed by an electrician.
However, if the problem persists, it could be a problem with the vacuum battery, adapter, or the battery charger.
Why is my cordless vacuum not working
Vacuum cleaners come into contact with a lot of dirt and debris. Parts of the vacuum, such as the motor and collection bag, should be sealed or tightly mounted to prevent the chances of particles passing through them. If particles can pass through, they can damage the internal organs of the vacuum and lead to malfunctions.
To deal with this, carry out regular maintenance. This can include checking if there are any sealing issues and dealing with them if present. Also, get rid of dust from the filter immediately after use. Regularly check the filter for any signs of damage and replace it if necessary.
Another major cause of the cordless vacuum not working is a failing battery or malfunctioning recharging system. You can periodically check that the battery is in good condition. For some vacuums, it is easy to replace the battery, while for others, you may need to replace the whole vacuum cleaner.
How do I know if my vacuum battery needs replacing
Vacuum battery, like other lithium-ion batteries, have an expected lifespan. After the lifespan has lapsed or is close by, the battery will start showing signs of aging, such as shorter run times and long charge times.
A vacuum with a usual runtime of about 20 minutes can reduce to 3 minutes. This indicates that you should replace the battery or have it checked by a reliable technician.
Can you reset a vacuum battery
Yes, you can reset a vacuum battery.
Resetting a vacuum battery is one of the steps when troubleshooting why the vacuum is not running. After you have checked other possible causes, such as the battery and the electrical outlet, and all are okay, you can reset the battery by pulling the trigger.
Vacuum battery not different from other lithium batteries on the market. They have powerful performance and long life cycles. However, as opposed to many home appliances, vacuum batteries have shorter runtimes of about 20-30 minutes, after which they need recharging.
Handling and replacing these batteries may require specialized personnel, and thus it is advisable to have the contact information of a trusted battery manufacturer.
About lithium ion vacuum battery manufacturers
TYCORUN® has more than 15 years of experience in the lithium vacuum battery industry and is a Chinese high-tech enterprise that develops, produces and sells various new energy battery products.
14.8V lithium vacuum battery production capacity accounts for 80% of our lithium battery manufacturing products
Lithium ion Battery News
Gotion High-Tech astroinno L600 LMFP cell
This article will introduce Gotion High-Tech latest cell – Astroinno L600 LMFP cell.
Top 10 lithium cell product in China
In this article, we will take a detailed look at top 10 lithium cell product in China.
Lithium battery industry has brought great benefits and ushered in development
The delay in the mass production of Panasonic’s 4680 battery is also a great benefit to Chinese lithium battery development.
Tesla lithium extraction technology revealed
This article will introduce Tesla lithium extraction and take you to reveal the secrets of Tesla lithium extraction technology.
Liquid cooling energy storage becomes mainstream
This article will introduce liquid cooling energy storage, a popular technology route on the thermal management track.
Top 10 household energy storage companies in China
This article compiles the list of top 10 household energy storage in China, hoping to help you have a deeper understanding of the household energy storage.